Monday, August 06, 2007

Weekend Clean-Up

As many of you know, I have been decluttering and organizing our house this summer. I know I haven't been doing a great job, because there's still stuff everywhere. After successfully cleaning out and setting up the guest room, I took a little "break". I did not go into my super-decluttering mode until last week. I actually spent most of the week clearing out my stuff. I threw many irrelevant things away. I have other stuff in organized piles because now I need to get containers to store them in.

This weekend was dedicated to Jeff's "goodies". He has a very interesting way of sifting and sorting through his many many mementos. I thought it would be as easy as looking through his bags and boxes and realizing that his Kindergarten worksheet or junior high social studies project would be "useless" to him/us now. Nope! Jeff insisted that he wanted to go through every single piece of paper, projects, writings, drawings, etc. He said he always wanted to share this stuff with his future spouse and children. He also said that "now that I have a spouse like you, I won't be able to show this to my children". :-) Anyways, we got through half the day with only having looked through three bags of schoolwork and 2 crate boxes of miscellaneous stuff. Not surprisingly, Jeff's must-have pile was larger than his donation pile. However, Jeff did do a great job at throwing away all his schoolwork and some "junk". We have 3-5 more bags and boxes to sort through. We hope to finish all this within the next two days. Wish us luck!

No comments: