Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy 1-Month





Cameron is now 1-month old as of yesterday, Valentine's Day!!! He has grown so much in one month. We marveled at how "big" he has grown. Cameron is now around 8.5 pounds and is longer than ever. The pediatrician is always amazed at how long is little limbs are. I wonder who he takes after. He must have mommy's monkey arms :-)

Okay...here I am blogging away and Cameron actually fell asleep in the Ergobaby carrier. I am very impressed. This is my first time using this carrier and wow! What a great find! Does this mean my days won't entail lying on the couch with baby in tow. Yes....that's how my days....my looonnnngggg days have been with him either lying on top of my chest or cuddle in my arms. Lately, he has not been napping during the days. If he does nap, then it's only for 20-30 minutes once I put him down. However, he can nap for much longer if held close to me. Looks like he is going to be a true "mama's boy"....oh, well. So, if Cameron is not napping that much during the day, that can only mean he is wide awake for the most of the day. Cameron is very alert when he is awake. He is beginning to sustain his attention on toy mobiles or even the ceiling fan. He enjoys his swing mobile, too. Sometimes I am at a loss at how to entertain this little boy, since he won't spend more than 10 minutes on the play mat, bouncer or swing. I guess that's to be expected for his age.

I'm sure everyone is curious as to his nightime routine. Well, believe it or not, it's been great! Especially this week! Last night he slept from 8-11:30 and then 12:00-5:30 A.M.!!!!!! Can you believe it that! This is his second time sleeping for 5 to 5 1/2 hours in one stretch. The first time was the night we came home from cousin Brian and Elena's wedding.

Okay...well, Cameron is stirring in the Ergobaby now......

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How'd you hear about the Ergo carrier? I wish I heard of this when I had Jonathan. Bjorn hurt my back too much.

Jen C said...

Yay! Baby wearing for those first couple months saved my life!

Glad you found something that worked out for you guys :)