Friday, March 06, 2009

A Love Letter to Last Throughout the Long Weekend


(Friday, March 6, 2009)
Cameron is now taking his morning nap and it's a good one...one-and-a-half hours and counting...wooohooo!

Well, early this morning my lovely wife left me an extended love letter on the refrigerator. It's so romantic I had to document it and post it on Wongology to display to the world. As you can see Nita was very creative with how she organized and color coordinated the pages. The presentation is extremely pleasing to the eye I must admit. It definitely caught my eye when I made my way into the kitchen at 6AM! I remember when love letters were short and sweet. Now, as we grow together as a family the love letters grow too.

Today's letter, not a Cliffs Notes version, was instructions for the weekend. And I am very thankful for the notes!

(Saturday, March 7, 2009)
Nita and her friend, Abbey, went to Savannah, GA to meet up with their friend Elicia, who is temporarily working down there for about a month. I'm home with Cameron having a great time. Yesterday we spent some time with Nita's mother (Mom T) and had lunch at Rooster Thai Chicken in Silver Spring. There, Cameron ate his favorite chicken dish and had a fun time making faces at other guests. He was so energized during the day that he skipped his afternoon nap and kept Mom T and me on our toes. Last night was challenging. Cameron was constantly looking for mommy and pointing to places where he though she might have been hiding. Eventually, he calmed down and pointed me in the direction of my french fries from lunch. I gave him one to hold (not to eat) and he held onto his "comfort food" until he fell asleep for the night.

What a beautiful day it is outside today! C&O canal here we come!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is awesome. Documentation of busy mom (and now dad!) and baby.