Thursday, July 05, 2007

11 weeks

I am 11 weeks today and still feeling great! I'm even sleeping through the night more without getting up 4-5 times to go to the restroom. I started water aerobics on Tuesday and boy! was that a workout!!!! I'll be going every Tuesdays and Thursdays for the next 5 weeks.

Yesterday we had some friends over for a 4th of July BBQ. I decided to make our announcement, too. I told everyone that I wanted to show them our new website, so everyone gathered around the t.v. as we hooked the laptop up to the t.v. I clicked on our link and the first thing they saw was "Save the date: It's a Birth Day Celebration". As I scrolled down, more information was provided including date (January 23, 2008), time (TBA), where (Shady Grove Hospital). I think I heard some auhhhs and oohhs, but nothing compared to Lauren's ecstatic scream and leap to the air. I think she was the first to realized what all the information meant or at least the first to shout it out! Everyone was very happy and excited for us. After dinner, Jeff and I decided to call some family members to tell them the big news. We called Gyen Gyen, Por Por, Auntie Bobbie, Auntie Patsy, and Auntie Chum. So, I'm sure all 200 relatives will soon find out the news by the end of the week especially now that Dad Wong (Jeff's dad) is at liberty to disclose the information to any and all. I'm sure Mom and Dad "T" will be making lots of long-distance calls this weekend, too ;-)

Now that people know or are finding out, they can finally understand some of our recent decisions regarding travel/Italy, new job, and car purchase......it was all for the impending baby!!!! As much as we wanted to travel to Italy and visit Annise in Sicily, we thought it best to put that on hold because we were anticipating a pregnancy and did not want to travel during what would be the first trimester. As far as my new job, not only is it only 3 miles away from our house, it's also a couple blocks away from both the hospital and the doctor's office....very convenient, huh? Since we knew we were going to start a family at some point, we decided to go ahead and purchase a "family" vehicle now instead of later.....besides, I really wanted to get rid of "Doodles" (my honda accord).

That's it for now.......enjoy the rest of the blog! Love you all!

1 comment:

Rosanna Louie said...

YAY!!! I'm so excited and happy for all three of you!!! Indeed, a happy Father's day!! What a cute little peanut.

Keep the blogs coming - congratulations again!!

All the best,
-Rosanna