Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Baby Wong at 8 weeks


This is Baby Wong at 8 weeks....well, technically 7 weeks and 6 days.

For Father's Day, we decided to have both set of families over to celebrate FD and to make the big announcement. I decided to make two copies of the sonogram picture and put them into these white frames, which I decorated with baby stickers. Both fathers opened up their real gifts first and then I told the mothers to sit next to their husbands so I can get a group picture. I then gave them the wrapped frame and told them that they had to open it at the same time. Once opened, their reaction was quite delayed! Each of them were looking at different parts of the frame and not realizing what they were looking at it. I think Mom T. was the first to read "1st GrandBaby". Mom Wong kept thinking that the frame was NOT for them because it said "To: Gyen Gyen & Yeh Yeh" (which means paternal grandmother and grandfather in Chinese). I think I finally had to say that "I'm pregnant!" to make them finally understand what was going on. Everyone was soooooo excited, even Uncle Tim and Uncle Frank.

Oh yeah!!! Another big news....I accepted a teaching position at a private school near home. The school is 3 miles from home ;-) AND, the best part is the school is right down the street from the OB/GYN office and our hospital.....very convenient. Now, I just have to tell the director that I'm pregnant!

1 comment:

Jen C said...

Hooray! Congratulations!! I hope you keep up with the blog b/c I want to read all about baby Wong and his/her journey.