Friday, November 30, 2007

Baby room, baby clothes, baby classes, baby this and that!

Here I am at 32 weeks. We saw BBW at yesterday's sonogram appointment. He is 4 pounds and 6 ounces. So, he has gained over 2 pounds in four weeks (since the last sonogram). So, being the "preparer" that I am and his "wardrobe organizer", I was trying to guesstimate what his birth weight will be so I can make sure that he has enough clothes to wear. He has eight more weeks until his due date. Of course, I am aware that he may come early or he may come later. But, let's say he gains 2 more pounds every four weeks....that would put him in the 8 pound mark when he is born. Is that even possible??? Many have said that it really depends on the birth weight of mom and dad. Both Jeff and I were born under 8 pounds so people are saying that there is a good chance that we won't have an 8 pounder. Which is a relief because that means all those "newborn" and "0-3" clothes that we've received will adorn our child, if not a couple times but at least once.

Since our baby shower, I have been busy sorting and taking inventory of all his baby clothes that we have received or purchased. Sometimes, I feel like he has enough for the first three months and sometimes I feel that he needs more. That's why I have been visiting baby stores, either returning, exchanging or purchasing much needed baby clothes and other necessities. I even went to the outlets four times in two weeks. Now, that's a record for me. Usually, I would visit the outlets maybe once a year!

What's been hard is deciding what he really needs to be wearing in the early months. Thank goodness for sleep-n-plays! I bought him some pants thinking that he can wear it with some of his short-sleeve and long-sleeve "onesies", but does he really need those pants or would he really wear them??? Silly me.....I guess he would if I put it on him. He has no say in what he is going to be wearing. But then, wouldn't he be most comfortable in his one-piece outfits for most of the day and/or wrapped in a blanket in the early weeks? I think it's harder for me to come up with an ideal wardrobe because of it being winter. Anyways, I think I am over-thinking this process too much. I'm sure everything is going to work out fine once the baby arrives. I have back-up clothes (clothes that still have their tags/receipts) too just in case I exhaust all my 0-3 clothing sooner than later.

We started our baby classes three weeks ago. That's going well.....we are learning about what to expect in labor and delivery, breathing and relaxation techniques, positions, epidurals, etc. Certain things make me more anxious than others so I'd rather not think about it right now. Since I have been totally physically unfit for awhile now, I fear that my labor and recovery will not go as smoothly as I would hope. Well, I guess it's not too late to start doing yoga and kegel exercises.

In the midst of all this baby-ness, Jeff has been a wonderful supportive husband and father-to-be. He has been doing a lot around the house and making me "relax" more. The best part is that he has NOT complained about doing any of it or doing it on a more frequent schedule. Maybe he would like to be Mr. Mom while I go back to work????

No comments: